- A Maryland appeals court ruled that a skate boarder struck and killed by a passing car was subject to same the standard of care imposed on “vehicle” operators regarding rights of way. (Wooldridge v. Price)
- The Indiana Supreme Court has decided that the owners of a shopping center are not entitled to consequential damages from the state for street construction that restricts customer traffic. (State v. Kimco of Evansville, Inc.)
- The Wisconsin Court of Appeals rejected a “cultural marriage” defense raised by a statutory rape defendant who claimed the 14-year-old victim was his wife under an arranged marriage orchestrated by his family in Southeast Asia. (State v. Lor)
- More than 100 digests of appellate court cases every month
- Complete coverage of the U.S. Supreme Court, including decisions, grants of certiorari, oral arguments and analysis of how the Court's rulings will affect your practice
- Access to our entire archives of more than 60,000 articles
Not a subscriber? Click here to learn more.
For less than $3.00 a week, read all of Lawyers USA's Benchmarks appellate court analysis and get full online access, including:
And much more!