Supreme buzz surrounds newest D.C. Circuit judge
WASHINGTON — The Senate confirmed Principal Deputy Solicitor General Srikanth “Sri” Srinivasan to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit Thursday, increasing the buzz about a possible U.S. Supreme Court nomination in his future.
News from Lawyers USA
- Business owner can’t be sued for fatal shooting
- Lawmakers call for more FDA oversight of compounded drugs
- Constitution mandates reduction of crack cocaine sentences
- Mortgage servicing isn’t ‘consumer transaction’
- Toxic contamination suit not removable under CAFA
- Suspect’s wife validly consented to warrantless search
- The law practice and the law office
- Trustee’s mistake voided California foreclosure sale
- Senate committee advances NLRB nominees
- Check-cashing firm’s arbitration clause enforceable
- Medicare statute doesn’t preempt state comp law
- FTC briefs Senate committee on credit reporting accuracy
- Court takes up peeved airline flyer’s preemption case
- Do Not Pass Go: Attorney reigns as U.S. Monopoly champ
- How to play competitive Monopoly
- About Monopoly champion Richard J. Marinaccio
- Benchmarks: Ex-NCAA quarterback can pursue publicity claim against EA Sports
- Employee could pursue ADA claim despite Chapter 13 bankruptcy
Must be a subscriber to view Subscribe now
For the Small Firm Lawyer
Lawyers USA presents Lawyers in Practice
This is the first edition of Lawyers USA's Lawyers in Practice, where we discuss the hot issues facing practicing attorneys and law firms.
In this edition, we discuss how to prevent legal malpractice claims with better communication, with Jim Calloway, director of the Oklahoma Bar Association's Management Assistance Program, and Dan Pinnington, vice-president of Claims Prevention and Stakeholder Relations at LawPRO, a professional liability carrier based in Toronto, Canada.
Visit the Legal Malpractice Monitor to listen to the podcast.
Click here to download the podcast.
Top 10 Jury Verdicts of 2012
The overall size of the Top 10 Jury Verdicts rose again in 2012. The average increased by almost $20 million, rising from just under $184 million to $203 million. By contrast, the average for 2011 increased by around $27 million over 2010.
Lawyers of the Year 2012
At the end of every year, Lawyers USA recognizes attorneys who have made a significant impact in the legal world during the year just past. These lawyers’ accomplishments in 2012 earned each of them the title “Lawyer of the Year.”